You must bring your own laptop/tablet/slate with Windows 8 installed for the Windows 8 and Windows Phone workshops. For the Kinect for Windows workshop, only Windows 7 is required.
The minimum Windows 8 system requirements are:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit) <we recommend you have more RAM>
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch <not required>
We’d like you to install all the necessary software before the workshops begin. To assist you we’ll be holding office hours on Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at from 1-3pm in 4-149. All necessary software for the workshops will be provided (Kinect for Windows SDK, Windows Phone SDK).
- Windows Phone SDK
- Kinect for Windows SDK
You’ll also need Visual Studio installed for the workshops.
- New! Visual Studio 2012 (Required for all workshops, you can signup for a free Dreamspark account using your .mit.edu email address)
If you have any questions, please contact Brandon Muramatsu, mura -at- mit -dot- edu.