iOS Application Development Fundamentals
Join us for a 1-day crash course in iOS development
January 10, 2014
9am – 5pm
About the Workshop
Our goal is to provide an introduction to iOS App development. By the end of the workshop you should have created a full sample app. The morning will be lecture-based and cover the basics while the afternoon will be hands-on and lab-style. This workshop is targeted at those just getting started with iOS development.
The workshop will be led by an Apple iOS Software Engineer.
The workshop will cover:
- Basics of Objective-C: explaining the different classes and how they work together, syntax, etc.
- App story boards
- Structuring code: We will talk about the template app, tying external data into an App (e.g., Twitter feed) and how to pull it all together.
Please follow the registration link above to submit your name for the workshop. We have limited space and will be inviting students based on background and availability. Participants must meet the requirements listed below.
- Currently enrolled MIT student. Preference will be given to undergraduate students.
- Experience with a high level object-oriented programming language like C, Java, or Objective-C. While Web programming languages such as PHP and Python will give you a background, our instructor highly recommends experience with a high-level programming language to better understand the concepts in the Objective-C language you’ll be using for iOS development.
What to bring to the Workshop
- You. Replicants, clones and avatars not permitted.
- Your own Mac laptop with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks and the latest version of Xcode installed.
- Email mura-at-mit-dot-edu BEFORE the workshop if you don’t have a Mac laptop that you can bring to the workshop. We’ll have a limited number of loaner laptops available.
- Bring your own iOS devices. We’ll have a couple iOS devices (iPad Minis) for you to use for testing during the workshop.
Interested in Learning More?
- Developing iOS 7 Apps for iPhone and iPad self-paced course from Stanford Online.